Thursday, November 6, 2008

He is at peace, but I will never be the same


Our grandmother and two aunts came in at around 11:00pm, all the way from Canada. They said their goodbyes and we all cried together. Various friends of Tyler's came in yesterday and today to visit him, and more have yet to arrive. He is so loved by every person that his life has touched. That's the kind of guy he......................was......

Tyler Fulton Ward, age 36, was taken off artificial life support at approximately 1:00am on Thursday, November 6, 2008. He passed away at 2:11am with his family of origin and some of his chosen family by his side, holding his hands, his arms, his legs, and his toes. I watched the life slip away from him, as I held his hand and rubbed his face. I told him we were all there with him, told him how much we love him, and told him that it was ok for him to go...whenever he was ready. He was ready. I think he was just waiting for permission. As I told him earlier tonight, I will be ok and my life will go on, but I will never be the same.

As soon as my family makes the plans and arrangements for the memorial service, I will post that information on this blog. Please feel free to share the blog address or memorial information with anyone you think may want to know. Thank you all for caring about my baby brother. He was truly an amazingly wonderful man and I will miss him forever.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so very sorry, Dionne. Please know my thoughts and deepest condolences are with you and your family today and in the days ahead.

love,
Meryl

Chris said...

Oh Di... my heart aches, and words are few. How does one even comprehend this... not ty, not with a .07whatever chance of something going wrong. But, you are right... he is at peace - something that his soul exuded. He always seemed to be lookin' out for his big sister... now he's got a perspective from where he can really look out for you. He's with you. He always will be. And how lucky you are for the friendship and love that you shared that many siblings don't get to.

Ok... so my words aren't few. Just know that you have many who are here in Indy to support you. And many more in Cal who will too. I think I can speak for all who are reading this: We love you. Reach out if you need to. Let us hold you, now and years from now.

See you later.

Lesley said...

Dione, I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

I am so grateful to have reconnected with him in these past months. It was a greater gift than you will ever know. He was always a healer - that's where his heart was.

He will be with you every day.

Much Love,
Les

Anonymous said...

Mo said:
Di, my words pale. They trip clumsy and inadequate. Ty is at peace - the brilliance of his soul radiates forever - the gifts he gave so freely to those he loved are stunningly present. I am so very blessed to have known and loved this incredible being, and to have the opportunity to reconnect. Please know I am here for you and sending hugs your way. Julie and Ryan send their love as well.

Girl on a road said...

What a blessing and an honor for you all and for Tyler, that you were all there, even though I know how heartbreaking it is when one we love so much is fading.

We're here....remember that.

see you soon,
love and hugs and peace,
am

Baker Family said...

Everything and everyone is connected.

We all have a piece of Tyler with us, and a piece of us has gone with him.

Our greatest sympathies.

Please let us know how we can help ease your grief, and for those of us that cannot be with you, what best we can do to help the rest of the world remember Tyler.

KCmustang said...

i don't know what to say. peace to you and your heart, which is where ty will remain. i know he is in the wind, earth, trees and sun... keep talking to him always ~ i am certain he heard all that you said to him ~ and will remain by your side even as you feel you are not beside his. love, compassion and hugs to you.

Susanne Duncan said...

Dionne I want to thank you for creating a space for us to reflect on an Absolute Amazing Man's Life.

A loss for words....I want to tell of something so profound, because he was. Remarkable, amazing, strong-willed and had a quest for life. He searched for knowledge, truth and wisdom on earth. He now has his answers. A philosophical amazing man who touched everyone's life he encountered. He was giving, so self-less and loving. He would do anything for the people that touched his life.
He will always hold a part of me as I will carry parts of him throughout my life. A best friend, soul mate, "Celui" He will be missed by all whose lives he touched.

ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!!!

He is finally truly happy in peace waiting for us.
Jusqu'à ce que nous nous rencontrions de nouveau!
Je Vous Aime! Moooaaaahhhhhh!!!!
We will always be connected.

Dionne know that I am here for you. Ty is keeping you with all the support and love in the world if you need it.

Now for something I think Ty would appreciate!
He wanted everyone to have a better life. He was so upset with the "state of the nation" but now I hope he can rest. Isn't it like Ty's humor to think he had to go and leave us on this earth to better protect us!; )