Sunday, November 2, 2008

We wait for news and keep the faith




This morning I got a call from Dad telling me that Tyler has had a stroke. We still don't know what caused it or the extent of the damage done, so again we wait...wait for news from the doctors. They did a series of tests on him today, including an angiogram. They need to determine whether the stroke was caused by an aneurism, a hemmorhage, a blood clot, or....?

I met a woman tonight who told me she had brain surgery about a year ago. I believe she said she had an aneurism. She was out of the hospital in 4 days, but she is just now, a year later, feeling fully recovered. She said it was an exhausting and frustrating process, but she gave me hope...

I was told that he opened his eyes today, but did not squeeze when his hand was held. I wanted to include this photo sent by his friend, Ruth, because it portrays the Tyler we all know and love. We know you are in there, Ty, and we know you are fighting to get better. We are all with you, some of us in body and some in spirit. Keep fighting!!! We miss you!

1 comment:

Liesl said...

I'm here in Indy at the hospital. Tyler did squeeze our hands earlier and I truly believe he is hearing us when we talk with him. He's back from his MRI and we expect to hear more from his doctor soon. I will tell him today how much love and support he has from all of your and make sure he knows he is in your hearts.

Tyler is a fighter and he's not giving up.