Monday, November 17, 2008

A tribute


So, here it is...I got this tattoo on Friday. I had been planning to get a Phoenix tattoo for about 2 and a half years now, but the timing never felt right. Now I think I know why. I had the artist (Matt at Metamorphosis in Broad Ripple, Indianapolis) add Tyler's first and middle name to the design I had chosen. He is now forever etched in my skin, as he is in my heart and soul. Any time someone asks me about his name, I can tell them about my baby brother and how wonderful he was.

The Phoenix is a symbol of rebirth, ressurection and immortality. The meaning for me was initially related to the huge changes I've made in my life over the past two years, but now that meaning is deeper. It is a symbol of my rebirth in life and Tyler's immortality in death. He will live on in all of those who loved him...and there are a lot of us.

I talked with Tyler about wanting to get a Pheonix tattoo. He always said that's what he wanted too and that I stole his idea. Well, sweet brother of mine, I got this one for me and for you. Love always...

1 comment:

Susanne Duncan said...

Dionne I am so glad you are keeping this going. I keep checking everyday. I am having a difficult time just letting him go. He will always be with me as I feel him now. I am glad you posted this tatoo. This is something he shared with me...that if ever he were to get a tatoo it would be this. I am so glad you did this. He is proud of you. You are the most important person in his world. He always talked about you and said you weren't only a sister, best friend but like a mother to him as well. He often told me of your childhood (good times and bad). Today has been such a difficult day. I miss him terribly. Please keep posting. Somehow through you and this blog he is helping the people that love him so much. You are in my thoughts and prayers.